Low Carb Tomato Sauce
If you've never made tomato sauce, you'll be delighted at the results of this recipe. A delicious home made tomato sauce, made from fresh ingredients, roasted for sweetness. Great with meats, fish or chicken or over anything!
- 8 large tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar-free sweetener optional
- 2 Tbsp Oregano, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- Heat oven to 180º C.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place on dish with lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle red onion, oregano, garlic, balsamic vinegar and drizzle tomatoes with olive oil, lastly salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Carefully transfer tomatoes and contents to a blender. The tomato paste and water can be added at this stage. Puree till smooth.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge. Use within 3 weeks. If bottled in a sterilised jar, will keep for months.
You can add any herbs you like, such as basil, rosemary or sage. A tsp of chilli flakes can be added to puree if you like it a little spicy! Calories: 51.7 kcal Fat: 2.9g Carbs: 6g Fibre: 1.4g Protein: 1.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!