A delicious, roasted red pepper, eggplant and chilli spread recipe. Serve on low carb bread, seed crackers or use as a dip.
Ajvr - Delicious condiment or red pepper spread
- 95 g red peppers, roasted Store bought
- 1 eggplant, medium
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 60 ml avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tap cayenne pepper
- Drain store bought roasted red peppers and place in a pot.
- Roast eggplant over a gas flame using tongs to turn. Eggplant can be roasted in an oven (medium heat) for about 30 - 40 minutes or until soft. Then the flesh can be scooped out for use.
- Peel or scoop out the flesh. Place in the pot with the red peppers.
- Crush the 3 garlic cloves.
- Add 60 ml of avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat till well combined and the eggplant is soft.
- Cool. Place in a blender till smooth and free of lumps. Place in a clean jar and store in the fridge for up to a week. Serve with your choice of meats, with cheese and low carb crackers, or as a spread.
Cal: 48 kcal Fat: 4g Carbs: 3.2 Fibre: 1.3g Protein: 0.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!