An easy, delicious, keto cereal recipe
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 1 cup Brazil Nuts
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Linseed
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup Coconut, desiccated or flakes
- 1/4 cup Cacao Nibs, or 85% dark chocolate
- 1 tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 180°F (350°F).
- Toast the nuts (not seeds) in a large roasting pan for 10 minutes, stir to ensure even cooking, then roast another 5 minutes.Cool.
- Add the seeds and cacao nibs. (If adding chocolate, do so when the mixture is cold, otherwise it will melt). Pour cooled nuts, seeds and cacao nibs into a food processor and pulse until a desired, chunky mixture has formed.
- Put the processed nuts back into a roasting dish. Add desiccated or coconut flakes, and cinnamon and nutmeg spices. Mix well.
- Transfer this mixture to an air-tight cereal container.
- This delicious nut and seed cereal mixture can be eaten as a healthy snack, (about 1/4 of a cup or 30 g) but go easy as it is high in fat and the calories can mount up quickly.
- Serve with Greek Yogurt and fresh berries for a filling and sustaining breakfast or anytime.
Per 30 g Serve: Kcal: 185 Fat: 17.4 g Carbohydrate: 5.6 g Fibre: 3.5 g Protein: 5 g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!