Low Carb Bitter Chocolate Tart
When you are going Low Carb you miss a sweet treat now and then and my husband does, that's why I do tend to look for recipes such as this adapted from Nick Honeyman's sugar-free bitter chocolate tart posted in the Bite Magazine.
- 200 g hazelnuts peeled
- 25 g butter salted
- 50 g chocolate 86% chocolate solids
- 4 Tbsp milk, whole
- 1 cup cream
- 200 g chocolate 86% chocolate solids
- Heat oven to 150°C. Grease a 30cm round tin with removable bottom.
- To Peel hazelnuts, and roast at 350°C for about 20 minutes, cool, then grind hazelnuts in a food processor until they resemble a fine crumb.
- Soften the chocolate in the microwave, 50% power for a couple of minutes, then check. Repeat in 1 minute intervals until soft, then add the butter, cover with a piece of handy towel so it doesn't splatter for another 30 seconds on 50% power. Mix together and add to hazelnuts. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture for the top decoration.
- Press into your prepared tin and set aside while making the filling.
- For the filling, pour the milk and cream into a pot and bring to the boil on medium heat watching carefully so it doesn't boil over. (Nick's tip is to rinse the pot first with water to stop it sticking when it comes to the boil). Take the pot off the heat, add the chocolate and whisk until completely melted.
- Cool, then whisk in the egg until the mixture thickens. Pour into the tart base and bake for 15 minutes until set.
- Sprinkle the reserved hazelnut and chocolate mixture over the top of the cooked tart. Leave to cool. Can eat warm or chill in refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Calories: 234 kcal Carbs: 8g Fibre: 3g Protein: 4g Fat: 23g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!